[Zope] acl_users

Thu, 12 Aug 1999 12:49:47 +1000

Couple of solutions - one is to use UserDb, and make it use cookies
rather than basic auth. You can then load 'acl_users/docLogout' to
log out.

Another that I use for testing is to use ssh's port forwarding to
fool the browser into thinking I am connecting to a different server.

For example, if I have zope running on host kahlua, port 8080, I run
ssh with 'ssh -L8081:kahlua:8080 -L8082:kahlua:8080 -L8083:kahlua:8080'

I can then connect to localhost:8081, localhost:8082, or localhost:8083,
and the connection will be forwarded to the zope server. Because it's a
different host:port, the browser won't re-use the auth info, but will
prompt again for each host:port.

Very useful trick :)

Anthony