[Zope] Fw: Apache and Zope

Joshua Brauer joshua@brauer.org
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:28:13 -0600

Here are some of the things I found in beating my head against this for a while:

1) make sure you have Python 1.5.2 on your system. For whatever reason many of my apache/Zope problems were solved (RH 6.0) when I compiled and installed 1.5.2 in place of 1.5.1 that comes with the RH dist. The Zope docs seem a little unclear on this to me.

2) Look at /usr/local/Zope-2.0.0b3-linux2-x86/var/pcgi.log for errors.

3) It seems to me that it doesn't work to do Zserver and apache at the same time. You may need ./stop in that directory.

4) When you first access the site it will start a process that remains between accesses (thus Persistent CGI). Do a ps aux and grep for python. You'll see your PCGI servers running. Kill them. the access file seemingly only gets read ONCE each time PCGI is started so if you change the file after PCGI is started you won't be able to access the file.

5) Send your pcgi.log and apache error log files

6) What Rewrite rules are you using in your httpd.conf

7) Does your access.conf allow EXEC in your Zope dir?

Joshua