[Zope] FYI: Running Zope off a CD-ROM

Tom Schwaller Tom.Schwaller@linux-magazin.de
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 20:05:04 -0100

Paul Everitt wrote:

> Howdy folks.  I thought I'd share the results of something we delivered
> yesterday and see if anyone here thinks it's useful.
>
> We are pursuing a contract for a think tank that wants to provide an
> interactive presentation of a data-driven policy decision.  The
> deliverable must run completely off a CD-ROM without installation of
> anything and use a standard web browser with no tricks.

> If anyone thinks this would make a good "How-To", either for the part
> about running in read-only mode or the mail archive application, lemme
> know.

Please, this will be an essential HOWTO :-) I would be very happy to
have single-file Zope-binaries for many different plattforms supported
by Zope.
Just but all this Zope-Binaries (for eg. Linux, Win95/98/NT, MacOS *,
BeOS?)
on the CD + one Data-set and give it to interested people. This sounds
not
only cool, but is definively a project I'd like to see happen (Imagine
also giving a talk by just putting the CD into the CD-ROM drive, staring
ZServer,
then riding through an XML-based slide-show and finallay using ZCatalog
and other goodies for answering questions..)

I will test everything I can in this aerea..

--

Tom
http://www.linux-magazin.de/