[Zope] FYI: Running Zope off a CD-ROM

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 07:56:20 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Tom Schwaller wrote:

> Paul Everitt wrote:
> >
> Please, this will be an essential HOWTO :-) I would be very happy to
> have single-file Zope-binaries for many different plattforms supported
> by Zope.

The easiest way to do this is to use Gordon's Installer program.  This
program allows you to compress all your *.pyc files into a pyz archive.
This is then banged onto the end of a coff binary (both Windows and Linux)
along with the pyds.  When you run it, the pyz & pyd files are dumped in
the current directory and a site.py file used to load the stuff.  By
copying this directory to RO storage you have Zope RO Edition ;).  Note,
the default win32 extensions from Mark Hammond hate this so use the ones
included in my distrib of Zope.

In addition, the system is ALOT faster as the python scripts are loaded in
one hit.  When I finish the unix zmake files (might be a while) I'll see
if I can organise a Zope Daily Build for unix and windows.

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder