[Zope] Alpha of ODP Viewer product

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 20:09:57 -0400 (EDT)

Maik Roeder writes:
>What do you mean by "get the *real* XML dumps into Zope" ?

Various pieces don't expect to handle 45Mb of input data.  For
example, ZPublisher.Client handles file uploads by reading all the
data into memory, and it dies; pcgi-wrapper tries to read all of stdin
and also dies, etc.  I'm trying to do it from the monitor_client with
the following incantation:

import Zope ; a=Zope.app()
a.manage_addProduct['XMLDocument'].add(a,
                   id='s1', title='Structure',
                   file=open('structure.rdf', 'r') )

I haven't made this work yet, and suspect this is also choking
somewhere along the way.  Anyone from Digicool ever tried to shovel
this much data into an XMLDocument?

A slovenly action repeated thrice has become a habit.
    -- Robertson Davies, _Leaven of Malice_