[Zope] Problem with Zope and Proxy server

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 10:28:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Duncan Booth wrote:

> > On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Duncan Booth wrote:
> > > The problem seems to be with the Netscape Proxy server
> > > interpreting the result from Zope as any side-effects on the Zope
> > > server do happen.
> > >
> > > Can anyone suggest what is happening here?
> > Well, your proxy server is broken? It seems to work well enough with
> > Apache Proxy and Squid :)
> >
> Fair enough, I suspect the problem is indeed with the proxy server,
> but the proxy server has no problems with POSTing to things other
> than Zope, and I don't want to block out people from my site just
> because they have a naff proxy server.
Well, you could always put some logging proxies after and before your
proxy, and compare what element of Zope make it misfunction. Afterwards,
one would have to decide if it is possible to fix, without breaking Zope's
standard conformity.

> I also have a report that IE3 cannot download files from my site. This
> may be the fault of IE3, but I still want to get it to work even if it isn't
> technically my code or Zope at fault.
Well, what exactly happens?

Andreas
--
Andreas Kostyrka                     | andreas@mtg.co.at
phone: +43/1/7070750                 | phone: +43/676/4091256