[Zope] Using ZPublisher.Client

Tony Lownds tony@www.printra.net
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 15:18:49 -0700 (PDT)

[If this is better suited to zope-dev then feel free to reply there and cc
me]

Hi,

I am having some problems with ZPublisher.Client. I am using that module
to make a bridge between e-mail and Zope (its practically done except for
these problems and packaging it).

1. Problem I have stated in previous posts: I cannot send a list of
attachments.

In other words, ZPublisher.Client.call(url, att=[open(file1),
open(file2)]) will not send the Right Stuff. I guess I would like to hear
whether this is a bug in DC's opinion (its a pretty obscure situation),
and if so would it probably be fixed by 2.0.0. Otherwise I will design
around the problem.

2. Sending to Zope 2.0.0b4 server doesn't work at all.

I can use ZPublisher.Client.call to send data correctly to a
normal Python CGI script, including files, but when I tried the same to a
Zope server, the client hangs. Actually the server also crashed one time.
I am running it through ZServer not Apache. I can upload files
through the browser just fine. Can anyone else duplicate this problem?

Help me out, so you can use Zope to handle your e-mail!

-Tony Lownds