[Zope] Questions about the future Zope-Concept and MySQL for NT

Juergen Specht js@anima.de
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 15:31:02 +0200

Hi Phil,

Phil Harris wrote:
> I can answer at least one of your questions.
Thanks!

> I didn't compile the ZMySQLDA but I have got a page set up where you can
> download binaries and some instructions as to how to get it working.
> try looking at http://media-1.ml.uwcm.ac.uk:8080/zmysql
> I have had a lot of success with this, but I have had reports from one other
> that they failed to get it working.
yes, this fails also here...i will investigate and send a separate
mail...

> If you have any questions mail me privately and I'll help as best I can.
Will do :)

> On the other subject, if you do get Zope working with Apaceh on win32 then
> let me know what you did.
That's more easy. I found it in various FAQs and Mails:

First edit http.conf and change it like in this example:
--<snip>--

# Load Rewrite-Module

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/ApacheModuleRewrite.dll

# My ZOPE is in installed in cgi-bin/zope/

<Location /cgi-bin/zope/>
AuthType Basic
AuthName Zope-Admin
AuthUserFile "c:/programs/apache/conf/userpass.txt"
require valid-user
</Location>

# Switch Rewrite to on and log accesses

RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog "c:\programs\apache\logs\rewrite.log"
RewriteLogLevel 9

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} ^(.+)
RewriteRule ^/zope/(.+) http://horst/cgi-bin/zope.exe/$1
[E=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,T=application/x-httpd-cgi,L]

# The above line must be in ONE line and 'horst' must be your
server-name!
--<snap>--

Now create your Zope Admin Name and Password with htpasswd.exe and
store it in 'c:/programs/apache/conf/userpass.txt'

Now delete in <zope-homedirectory>access the password for the
admin and let the name in it. Example: 'admin:'

That's it. Now Zope 1.x works well with Apache under NT.

Every URL-aesthetics are your turn :)

Juergen <js@anima.de>