[Zope] multihosting / virtual hosting

Jens Vagelpohl tommymi@concentric.net
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 05:12:28 -0400

hi zopistas,

the zope-based school project i finished a few weeks ago is bearing all kinds
of fruit.

after seeing it a local software company in ann arbor now has one
employee (a good friend of mine who told them about my project) write a white
paper on zope and see how they can use it for their benefit.

another friend wants to use zope to provide personalized homepages, but he is
running against one drawback: missing support in ZServer for multiple domains.

here's my question: is multi-domain support for ZServer planned or maybe even
worked on right now?

is it hard to implement it using apache and rewrite rules? (something i'd
rather not attempt because i haven't done the marriage of apache and zope yet).

any input would be greatly appreciated :)

jens

 --
Jens Vagelpohl

**Better living through electronics**