[Zope] Giving up in frustration

Antony Tersol atersol@owl.csusm.edu
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:06:00 -0800

I too am new to Zope.  It looks great, so I have jumped in and most all is
going ok.  Similarly to Pierre, I see an application I would like to create.

I also am in the midst of trying to replicate the jobboard example.

The example seems straightforward enough, but for someone just starting to
work with Zope, it is not clear what one is to do with each of the files.

I created a folder called Jobs, and made it's index_html file look like
job_board.dtml, and created dtml files in that directory for job_listing.dtml
and job_add.dtml.

I then tried to add an ExternalMethod for add_listing,
but it can't find it in JobBoard.py.

When I call up Jobs in my browser
   "http://localhost:8080/Jobs",
I get the jobboard as shown, but as shown in ObjectPublishingIntro, it should
be called as
   "http://localhost:8080/scripts/jobboard.py"

It functions as it should, moving to Jobs/job_add.dtml
but again my urls are a little bit different.

So I seem to be confused.

The question: Where do each of the files go, and
what do I have to do inside the Zope manage screens to
get this to work?

Second question: in the helpSys, under external method, it says to put it in
the Extensions subdirectory, then in the next paragraph says that it is not
<i>currently</i> possible to use Python modules that are in the Extensions
directory. !?  What exactly does this mean?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Antony Tersol