[Zope] pcgi error message.

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 09:40:34 -0400

> Hi!
>
> At the moment I'm a bit stymified about a nonworking ZOPE :(
>
> So what exactly does this mean:
>
> Temporarily Unavailable
>
> The resource you requested is temporarily unavailable -
> please try again later.
>
> (102) failure during connect
>
> Andreas

Andreas,

This *usually* means one of several things:

  o (Most common) the user "nobody" (or whatever user your web
    server runs as) doesn't have permission to read and/or write
    in the var directory of your installation. If you are using
    ZServer w/PCGI, nobody should only need read (but the user
    that you are running ZServer as must have read and write).
    If you are using PCGI alone to crank up the process by itself,
    then nobody will need both read and write in the var directory.

  o if you are using PCGI w/ZServer, something bad could have
    happened at startup and the PCGIServer isn't listening (so
    the pcgi-wrapper fails to connect). Usually this would cause
    ZServer to fail to start, though.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909