[Zope] What do you need to know to Zope?

David Tew info@davidtew.freeserve.co.uk
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 23:11:11 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_016A_01BEEB61.4B356C60

I am (a newbie) wishing to get together a team in India that is able to =
develop web applications for Indian requirements, using Zope, if it is =
suitable. Such applications would include consumer biased web sites, and =
also organisation-to-organisation as well as inter-organisation type =
applications, over distributed sites, such as across a value chain or =
supply chain. One aim is to use client server stuff as little as =
possible - remote/distributed management/participation and thin clients =
(browser only) are very attractive issues for India we guess.=20

Many application requirements will start off with simple data =
capture/information display (server side database, structured data) =
across the distributed users sites. Some of these applications are =
expected to need more groupware-like facilities over time. Others would =
need straight-forward internet-based groupware-like applications =
straight away.I am initially looking to recruit 5 people in India to =
look at and try Zope for several weeks so that we can demonstrate for =
ourselves its suitability.

I myself don't have a background in software development (more from the =
side of application need). I shall be greatly helped if somebody could =
recommend to me the skills-set/background experience that I should ask =
of these 5 so that, as a team, they will more likely get to grips with =
the scope for Zope.

Thank you in advance...

David Tew, InfoEuro Telematics Ltd

------=_NextPart_000_016A_01BEEB61.4B356C60

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 face=3DCourier><FONT size=3D2>
<P>I am (a newbie) wishing to get together a team in India that is able =
to=20
develop web applications for Indian requirements, using Zope, if it is =
suitable.=20
Such applications would include consumer biased web sites, and also=20
organisation-to-organisation as well as inter-organisation type =
applications,=20
over distributed sites, such as across a value chain or supply chain. =
One aim is=20
to use client server stuff as little as possible - remote/distributed=20
management/participation and thin clients (browser only) are very =
attractive=20
issues for India we guess. </P>
<P>Many application requirements will start off with simple data=20
capture/information display (server side database, structured data) =
across the=20
distributed users sites. Some of these applications are expected to need =
more=20
groupware-like facilities over time. Others would need straight-forward=20
internet-based groupware-like applications straight away.I am initially =
looking=20
to recruit 5 people in India to look at and try Zope for several weeks =
so that=20
we can demonstrate for ourselves its suitability.</P>
<P>I myself don't have a background in software development (more from =
the side=20
of application need). I shall be greatly helped if somebody could =
recommend to=20
me the skills-set/background experience that I should ask of these 5 so =
that, as=20
a team, they will more likely get to grips with the scope for Zope.</P>
<P>Thank you in advance...</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>David Tew, InfoEuro Telematics =
Ltd</P></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_016A_01BEEB61.4B356C60--