[Zope] Indirection Revisted

Timothy Grant tjg@avalongroup.net
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 22:45:13 -0700

Hi all,

One of the very first questions I had regarding Zope was how to do
variable indirection. I wanted to reference a variable that was actually
named in another variable. That one was quickly taken care of by this
list, now I have another redirection question:

I have a text box that is named based such liked this

<input type="text" name="<dtml-var Category>_qty" size="5" value="">

This works beautifully and I end up with a bunch of variables named
things like "Config_qty", "Harddrive_qty", etc.

I now need to access these variables in the next form. The name of the
variable is contained in "Category"

<dtml-var Category> gives me the part of the variable name before the
underscore.

I tried to get <dtml-var expr="<dtml-var Category> + '_qty'"> to work,
but that generates syntax errors.

Any clues to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                           tjg@exceptionalminds.com

Red Hat Certified Engineer              www.exceptionalminds.com
Chief Technology Officer                          (503) 246-3630

Avalon Technology Group                           (503) 246-3124