[Zope] Non-query SQL with Zope (naive question)

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 18:26:36 +0200

At 18:25 24-8-99 , Michel Pelletier wrote:
>> >   <!--#call "insertNewContact(name='Martijn Pieters',
>> >email='mj@antraciet.nl')"-->
>> >
>> >Is that equivalent to the browser doing
>> >http://site.com/path/to/method/insertNewContact?name=Matin+Pi
>> eters?email=mj@
>> >antraciet.nl
>>
>> No, but the REQUEST.set does do the same.
>>

>Hmm.  maybe we're talking about something else here (I just jumped in on
>this thread) but the #call above is synonymous, although not identical,
>to the URL below it.  I would have answered this question yes, but maybe
>i'm missing something germain to the discussion.

It has the same result, but from a technical point of view, it is different.

I gave two examples, one where I passed in the parameters directly, and one
where I passed them in via the REQUEST object. Calling the SQL method via a
URL with the parameters encoded in the qury string, is more like setting
the parameters in the REQUEST object then calling the method fomr DTML with
the parameters as part of the method call.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer