[Zope] DTML syntax

Tim Wilson wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:54:20 -0500 (CDT)

Hi everyone,

I can't find the answer to this anywhere.

I've added a file object to my ZODB. The file is a PDF file that I'd like
to make available for download. A couple questions:

1. How do the options of storing these PDFs in the ZODB compare to keeping
them separately where people can use my ftp server to get them? I think
there will initially be < 20MB of files.

2. What DTML syntax would I use to create a link to this PDF file so it
can be downloaded? I've tried some different things, but none work.

Thanks.

-Tim

BTW, if some of you other newbies (or cagey veterans for that matter)
would like to see an example of a pretty basic site that's built with
Zope, feel free to have a look at mine. It's at
http://206.131.108.122:8080/atlas/

This is very much a work in process. The only section that is approaching
completion is "Curriculum." Let me know if you have suggestions or ideas.
I'd love to hear them.

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/