[Zope] DTML syntax

Tim Wilson Tim Wilson <wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu>
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 18:42:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Following my initial question, Paul Everitt wrote:

> > 2. What DTML syntax would I use to create a link to this PDF
> > file so it
> > can be downloaded? I've tried some different things, but none work.
>
> Hmm, <a href="somefile.pdf">My pdf file</a> should work, no?

Thanks Paul. I was making it way too hard. Here's another Zope style
question. From a long-term site maintenance perspective, would it be
better to create my PDF file objects in scattered directories, or should I
create a /download folder with some hierarchical storage system there?
Perhaps the question is too abstract.

I'd like to create some sort of navigation tree that would allow someone
to download any of the available PDFs from one central page in addition to
the links that I'm provding in the sub-folders dedicated to each of our
curriculum units. (See
http://206.131.108.122:8080/atlas/curriculum/particle/ for an example.)
Are there any special issues to consider in this case as I decide where in
the ZODB to store my PDFs?

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/