[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] PROPOSAL: html_quote implicit in entity-reference var tagsyntaxsyntax

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 20:49:57 -0400

Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> [...]

I should have made clearer in my original post that the purpose of the
entity reference syntax is to be able to embed var tags in HTML tag
attributes without breaking the HTML syntax, as in:

  <input name=spam value="&dtml-spam;">

The goal was not to reduce keystrokes.  I don't think that
"&dtml-name#html_quote;" is a syntactically valid entity reference.

Jim

repeats.