[Zope] DTML syntax

Tim Wilson wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 23:54:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> If it works better for you, you can store the PDFs in the same area as other
> related content. If you want to make a central PDF download page, you could
> then set up ZCatalog to index the property "content_type", and do a Find to
> catalog the objects. Then, your download page just needs to search the
> catalog for content_type: application/pdf (or whatever the type is).
>
> It could be as simple as:
>
> <dtml-in "Catalog({'metatype': 'File', 'content_type': 'application/pdf'})">
> title></a>
> </dtml-in>

OK, this is cool. I just read the ZCatalog tutorial. Are you suggesting a
simple search interface at the central download page or simply using
ZCatalog to find the relevant, but scattered, PDF files and then create
some sort of list of them that a user can click on?

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/