[Zope] Idea: ZTest: Integrated Use-case based web site testin g.

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:22:15 -0400

> Aside: Do you really need this within Zope if you can run a ZClient
> script with chron? While a scheduler within Zope isn't a bad idea, the
> infrastructure -- at least on Unix and NT -- is already there.

This probably shouldn't be inside Zope, as it could be pretty CPU intensive
on occasion.  The balance I would strike is to have an external application
that uses ZClient to retrieve certain TYPES of objects and then works with
them.  Then you could manage it through the web, without having to have the
actual threads inside Zope.

Chris