[Zope] XML to Zope Objects (Folders and Properties) -- IMPORT

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 22:24:16 +0200

Theodore Patrick wrote:
> Is there a set of functions for conversion (Import & Export) of XML
> documents into Zope2?
>
> Specifically I am looking to import a large data set in XML(RDF) to Zope
> objects (Folders and Properties).

There are two ways to accomplish this. One does exactly what you ask for;
Maik Roeder's XML2Zope. I haven't used it myself yet. It's described
at:

http://www.zope.org:18200/Members/roeder/XML2Zope

Note that the hyperlinks there seem to point to port 8200 which won't work,
if you change them to 18200 they'll work, though.

The other way is to use XML Document, by Amos Latteier of Digital Creations.
It implements an XML DOM tree in the Zope database. I've used this and it's
nice. :) There are a few experienced users (including me) on the ZDP mailing
list, so feel free to ask us about how to use it.

There is an XML Document 1.0a1 downloadable from the www.zope.org:18200
site, but don't use that one; it's out of date. Instead grab the
latest version from the Zope CVS.

Regards,

Martijn