[Zope] IP Registering in a Poll: Attribute Error

Avus avvus@netscape.net
30 Aug 99 16:38:13 MET DST

Hi,

I'm trying to implement registering on IP addresses for the Poll product (from
the Product API tutorial), but Zope won't let me :-(

As a REQUEST object is passed to the vote() method in Poll.py, I can get the
remote IP via

remote_ip=REQUEST['REMOTE_ADDR']
 #and print it e.g. like
if REQUEST is not None:
	return MessageDialog(
		title='Vote Accepted',
		message='Yep. Your vote has been accepted, '+remote_ip,
		action =action,
 		)

However, I couldn't store the IP addresses in a list. If I try to use a list
like self.voted_ips=[] (like the self.votes={} dictionary already there) doing
self.voted_ips.appent(remote_ip)
Zope will complain when I commit a vote:

--8<--