[Zope] Notation question

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 15:46:37 -0400

> I'm just starting to play with Zope, and having a great time.  The
> list community seems to be very friendly and helpful.

Welcome :-)

> Everybody in this list seems to use things like '<dtml-var foo>' in
> their posted examples.  Is this actual usable syntax, or is it
> shorthand for the harder to type '<!--#var foo-->' syntax?  If the
> latter, is there a definitive glossary for the correspondence?

The <dtml-*> is the new syntax that we introduced for a bunch of boring
reasons... it's turned into the prefer syntax, and we've decided to move all
our manuals to that syntax, since it turns out to be much easier for most
people to read (it also turns out to be much easier to teach to editors).

You can just transliterate the whole thing :-)

Chris