[Zope] Re:Re: [Zope] Which database?

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:49:17 +1000

>>> "Suder Steen SFS" wrote
> If I can administer both DB's from within Zope, then I'll choose PGSQL becaus
e you say they're equally easy to work with an PGSQL has transaction control.
> Can I administer DB's from within Zope?
>
> PGSQL's advantage is transaction control and MySQL's would be tools and
> userbase, right?

Don't underestimate transactions - does the Zope Mysql interface do rollback
if a page is partially rendered? Databases with transactions (particularly
when they're supported by Zope :) make life _so_ much easier - you don't
have to worry about what happens if one SQL Method fails, but there's been
previous ones in the same DTML Method that might or might not have succeeded...

Anthony