[Zope] Performance of webserver?

Jason Jones jason.jones@awl.com
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 10:42:44 -0500

Bill Seitz wrote:

> What about compared to Apache with the Python plugin? (I'm pretty sure
there is
> such a thing, I just can't find the name of it right now....).

Yeah, there is an apache module (mod_python I believe). It was available
from modules.apache.org the last time I looked.

> Getting a sense of the rough performance comparisons in each case would be
very
> helpful. (And if there's a better configuration for certain cases, like
use
> Medusa instead of Apache, that would get bonus points.)

On a similar note, does anyone know what the perfomance difference is
between standard pcgi and mod_pcgi? Does mod-pcgi even work? I haven't seen
much mention of it.

Also, is it possible for ZServer to publish from the filesystem as opposed
to the ODB/ For istance could http://myserver/somefiles be dynamic zope,
while http://myserver/someotherfiles could be static pages served up
directly without the need for Apache, or is this impossible with the current
implementation of ZServer?

Thanks,

Jason