[Zope] ZCatalog: No Space Left on Device

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 01 Dec 1999 11:45:59 +0100

Michel Pelletier wrote:
[snip]

> ZCatalog uses subtransactions, which are temporary miniature 'commits'
> to the ZODB so that memory doesn't grow beyond physical limits when
> changing lots and lots of objects in one transaction.  When a
> subtransaction is commited, it allows the ZODB to move those
> 'sub-commited' objects to a temporary file if memory gets tight.
>
> This temporary file is probably filling up your /tmp filesystem.  The
> solution is to set your commit threshold much higher, ie, commit
> sub-transactions less frequently.

Reading the intent instead of the message I set the subtransaction
threshold *lower* (from 1000 to 100) and now it seems to work fine.
Thanks! I'll watch the /tmp filesystem too next time this kind of thing
happens.

Regards,

Martijn