[Zope] Zope/Roxen integration

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 11:23:03 +0000

People wanting to play with Zope and Roxen will need to do something
to the Roxen src code to get Zope CGIs to work correctly; it's
detailed below (sorry, not enough time to write up a HowTo just yet!).

After banging my head against a wall for a while I've munged together
a fix. Get into cgi.pike in modules/scripting and do this (around
line 495); sorry, I'm no good with 'diff'!

        case "location":
          code = "302 Redirection";
          result += header+": "+value+"\r\n";
          break;
++added++
        case "content-length":
            break;
++added++
        default:
          result += header+": "+value+"\r\n";
          break;

Yes, this is a hack and an awful one, but it works. Along with using
the Redirect module (which is a pain!), I now have a Zope backend,
Roxen frontend that uses real URLs (ie no Zope.cgi stuff in it). I
really find it weird that noone else has noticed this behaviour in
using CGI scripts and Roxen.

You'll need to read up on the excellent Zope How-Tos that Magnus
<http://www.zope.org/Members/magnus/Roxen> and Bill
<http://www.zope.org/Members/Bill/Documentation/RoxenZope> have
written before you'll be able to get a Zope-Roxen combination working
though.

hth
tone.
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2