[Zope] ZMySQLDA product problem?

Art Hampton arth@pacsg.css.mot.com
Thu, 02 Dec 1999 11:01:50 -0600

We've been having problems with the ZMySQLDA product, as installed using
the instructions at http://yyy.zope.org/Members/alanpog/zmysqlda_steps .

The product seems to break for some unknown reason.  I've seen it happen
as a result of the following events:
o  Rebooting the machine (while Zope is running)
o  Installing another product (including stopping and restarting Zope)

We get the following message in our SQL DB connection:
_______
This object is broken because the ZMySQLDA product that created it is no
longer
installed or is installed incorrectly. Please contact your product
vendor for assistance.

Note that the data associated with this product has not been lost, and
will be accessible again if the product is reinstalled.
_______

If we remove the ZMySQLDA product tree and then follow the instructions
referenced above, it works again after restarting Zope.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Is this a known bug?  Any
suggestions?

Thanks.