[Zope] HR Department Org Chart

Adam Gotheridge adam@foxvalley.net
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:54:30 -0600

> I am getting ready to build an Organizational Chart 'product' within Zope.

Where does this information reside now? That would dictate what approach you
take. I once did something similar for a company where the data resided in
an ldap db, but it was far too slow to recursively query in real time so I
had to dump it to a relation db every night which I could query quickly.

Anyway, once a person logs on and you know their unique identifier, you
should be able to query the datasource to see where they sit in the
hierarchy when trying to edit another user. Just a thought.