[Zope] DTML Access to vars in products

JB jimbag@kw.igs.net
Fri, 03 Dec 1999 05:09:33 -0500

I've taken on my first product and it's now 5 a.m. It's gone pretty well
but I seem to have put myself in a bit of a corner. The product has
access to the var 'manage_tabs' in dtml if I set it up like so...

manage_main = HTMLFile( 'index', globals())

index.dtml looks something like so...

<dtml-var manage_tabs>
---[cut]---

and this works fine, however if I access like so...

def index_html( self ):
  doc = HTMLFile( 'Products/MyMess/index' )
  return doc( self, self )

then the var 'manage_tabs' is not accessable and I can't figure out how
to get at it. It seems obvious that it has something to do with the
globals() vs. self scoping.

How can I make the var available using the latter def'd method?

thanks
jb

--
You can only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.