[Zope] How to upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 Zope

Thilo Mezger Thilo Mezger <mezger@innominate.de>
3 Dec 1999 18:28:01 GMT

Christopher Petrilli <petrilli@digicool.com> wrote:

>> I wish to upgrade Zope, but what is the best way to do this?  What is the
>> procedure to upgrade the installation without losing data?  I have several
>> database with adapters--I would hate to have to re-do work.  Thanks in
>> advance!!!

> It's simple... copy over your Data.fs file, as well as any products that
> you've installed.  That's all there is too it.

is this really how you are doing it at DC HQ?!  i was already thinking about
a clean update solution with Data.fs and all products being somewhere else
separated from the source code so that you can just install a new
version without having to move around your old Data.fs and your products.

has anybody else thought about separating code and data?

thilo

--
mezger@innominate.de
                                                        innominate AG