[Zope] manage_editProperties in ZClasses

Stephen Pitts smpitts@midsouth.rr.com
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 11:36:40 -0600

On Sat, Dec 04, 1999 at 12:26:21PM +0800, - wrote:
> hi all,
> how do i change the default value of textarea (cols) from 35 to something else?
>  i edited Property.py in lib/python/ZClasses, changing  line 199
>  -- <textarea name="%s:text" rows="6" cols="75"><dtml-var %s
>             ></textarea>'''
> saved it, restart zope and tried changing my ZClass property.  biut i still got
> the cols=35.  what did i miss?

Completely shutdown Zope, make your change, delete the associated .pyc
file (I'd guess that it is lib/Python/ZClasses/Property.pyc) so that
Python is forced to actually look at your .py file (should be doing this
anyway b/c of timestamps, but make sure) and restart Zope.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com