[Zope] SSL?

Nemeth Miklos nemeth@iqsoft.hu
Sun, 05 Dec 1999 10:46:48 +0100

Rodrigo Ernesto De Leon Plicet wrote:

> --- Please reply to my e-mail address ---
>
> Hello, does anyone know if ZServer will ever have SSL support?  Right now, I
> believe it doesn't have SSL support, and my boss says that's a no-no for
> implementing any type of transactional app (E-Commerce stuff) we might develop;
> he already sold his soul to M$ (IIS/ASP sucks).

You should be aware that only Apache/SSL may be used for strong security outside
US.
IIS (and neither Netscape) is no solution for secured web server outside US,
because of US government regulations.
And there are problems with web browsers compiled and built in US. If you want a
browser you should build your own browser with
strong encryption enabled.

NM