[Zope] WebDav wishful thinking WEBCR ideas.questions

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 10:44:13 -0500

> I confess I don't understand this WebDav stuff yet. But
> reading about it
> has got me dreaming again on a favorite theme: choreography and
> temporal-spatial indexing of networked information
>
> <snip>
>
> Is it possible for make a drg'n'drop page in Zope which would
> allow for
> fast and efficient building of web pages> For example where
> there are many
> links and lists. The immediate pragmatic application is the
> endless need to
> compile pages of web-related research with href links and build this
> quickly among a group of people over the web.
>
> <snip>
>
> What I want to do is drag'n'drop from the already open pages
> onto a Zope
> page and then the following actions will automatically occur:
>
> 1. Title and href link will be added
> 2. any selected text on the page will be copied as well under
> href link
> 3. An email will be sent alerting users 'subscribed' to this
> page of new
> links and/or update notice

Jason,

WebDAV really doesn't have anything to do with those sort of
things - it is really a "content management protocol" in that
it lets you treat certain Zope objects as if they were files
on a remote filesystem from a WebDAV-enabled client. It doesn't
really have anything to do with the sort of visual page building
ideas you are asking about. You can find out more about what DAV
is and is not from www.webdav.org.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909