[Zope] Zope 2.1.0 Linux binary now fixed for RH 5.x users...

David C. Morrill dmorrill@austin.rr.com
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 14:18:45 -0600

Thanks for getting the new version of 2.1.0 out...it works like a champ now.

I'm also glad to report that the performance problem I had just recently
tracked down and was about to report has been fixed (which was why I was so
anxious to try out 2.1.0 in the first place...the updates listed a fix for a
problem that sounded suspiciously like the one I had just discovered).

Now my heavy-duty Python module that makes extensive use of string-based
DTML rendering went from about 2.2 seconds/use to about 0.22 seconds/use.
Woohoo! (The problem apparently was the unnecesary reloading of External
Methods, which I'm guessing was causing all of my Python code's internal
HTML objects to be re-cooked on each use).

Thanks again...

Dave Morrill