[Zope] Question About Additional info for AUTHENTICATED_USER

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 19:02:32 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, scott kaplan wrote:

> I can set the subject in a cookie, or somether session object, but i still
> need to store the info of which subejct is associated with which user to
> set the cookie, unless I am missing something.
> -Scott

Probably I am missing something (lately I am missing a lot of things,
including vacation and my mind).

I thinking of storing this info in an SQLSession. I suppose when that info
is available it is stored in the session object and subsequent requests
include the attribute in the REQUEST object. If you use SQLSession you
will be able to query the db directly too for modifications etc. On the
other hand if you have an external list of which users map to what
subjects then maybe you can use TinyTable to store that info directly.

I have strong feeling I am off topic ...

Pavlos