[Zope] dtml/namespace problem

Geir B Hansen geirh@funcom.com
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 08:51:43 +0100

> 1) testroot (at the root folder):
> <dtml-var "input.test1()">

try :
<dtml-var "input.test1">
or :

<dtml-with input>
<dtml-var test1>
</dtml-with>

Both ought to work...

> 2) test1(at the 'input' folder):
> <dtml-var test2>
> Note: I tried to add quotes and parenthesis but it made no difference
here. I also tried to fully qualify the variable, making it
'intput.test2' because I thought  that maybe it was evaluating it from
the perspective of the caller, which is in the root folder. But this did
not work either.

<dtml-var test2> should work here.. It is in test1 the error lies.. I am
not even remotely programmer-ish , but AFAIK the () that you used in
test1 is used to tell python to evaluate a function or something (please
correct me if i am wrong) , which is not what you want..