[Zope] Acquire variable for ZCatalog indexing?

Art Hampton arth@pacsg.css.mot.com
Wed, 08 Dec 1999 13:18:09 -0600

Michel Pelletier wrote:

> Do the objects catalog themselves, or are you using Find?
>
> Acquisition is based on the context in which you access objects.  If you
> you find, for example, you will be accessing the objects in the context
> of the catalog, not in the context of their parents.
>
> If objects catalog themselves when created/moved (ie, CatalogAwareness)
> they index themselves in the context of the request that created them,
> in the constructor of your ZClass, you can essentially manipulate in
> what context you want your object to be indexed.
>
> It's really kinda complicated actually.

I am currently using Find.  But my class is based on CatalogAware, so I
had planned on fixing the hooks to make the class correctly auto-index
itself.

Knowing that I can take advantage of acquisition for that property
brings up the timetable on tackling that issue.

Thanks for the info!