[Zope] Trapping external database errors

Henny van der Linde Henny van der Linde" <linde@inline-info.nl
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 00:26:39 +0100

Hi,

I have a Zope site connected to a SQL-server 7 database. It's nescesary to
update, add information through the Zope site. Is there a elegant way to
trap errors generated by the external database server. Now, when an user
enters a invalid date for example, Zope simply returns a standard error
page, with some information generated (i guess) from the ODBC adapter.

I know the right thing to do is validating the fields before submitting the
form (I have a question on this matter wich I posted earlier). But that
said: it must be possible evaluate/trap  the outcome of a external database
transaction in an elegant way.

thanks

Henny van der Linde