[Zope] Products Similar to ZOPE?

jiva@devware.com jiva@devware.com
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 21:20:22 -0700

I may be giving a presentation on Zope to our local Linux users group,
and in an effort to be complete, and seem like I have researched other
products well, I was wondering, what OTHER products are there that
have similar featuresets to ZOPE?  Including things like the version
control, the database integration, and the scripting capabilities?  I
have looked around, and I can't seem to find anything that does.  Am I
just missing it?  It seems like some products have some features, and
other have others, but none have them all the features ZOPE has.

Also, what, besides a Rapid Development GUI system, is ZOPE missing
that these others have?

Is ASP a competitor to ZOPE?  PHP?  Seems like these are both just
plain scripting systems.  They don't do the version control or
anything that ZOPE does.

--
"Never face facts; if you do, you'll never get up in the morning."
-- Marlo Thomas