[Zope] Zope woes continue - server going down regularly. (pos sible solution)

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:22:33 -0500

I talked more to Jim about this and we decided that it is a bad idea to
open another connection in an external method.

The reason is because when you're in an external method, you are
allready bound to an object that has a connection, opening another and
mixing changes between the wo connections is probably a bad idea.

To get the *top level* root object in Zope, unwraped (no acquisition),
do:

self._p_jar.root()['Application']

The wraped object can come from

PARENTS[-1]