[Zope] Solved it! (was PCGI does not work)

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 09 Dec 1999 19:09:55 +0100

Hi there,

I solved the problem. It turned out to be extremely silly. I'm not sure
if I was extremely stupid or not, but to prevent such future mistake I
suggest patching the pcgi parser (to do what I describe in this mail):

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> The problem:
[snip]
> missing publisher: f:\Zope\pcgi\pcgi_publisher.py

> It just plain refuses to find the right file, whatever I do! I've even
> tried placing that .py file in the root of f:, and I've tried giving it
> another file, but no matter what I do, it fails to find it.

[snip]
> I traced this message back to the file parseinfo.c. There it does a
> stat() to check if the file exists. Somehow that stat fails. As I don't
> have a C compiler for NT I can't debug this any further.. This is
> terribly weird. I've even tried using Zope 2.0's pcgi .exe files in the
> hope that they would work, but no luck.
>
> My current zope.cgi file (*please* send me yours if you have it working
> on NT!):

I'm much indebted to Duncan Booth for sending me his! This helped me
track down the problem.

[snip]
> PCGI_MODULE_PATH= f:\Zope\lib\python\Main.py
                   ^
                   |------- see the space?

It does not accept spaces after the '='! The error message is misleading
as it reads like it is missing an existing file. A simple patch to the
pcgi C code could be to strip any whitespace away from the pathname. The
python based tester is misleading as it does accept whitespace, it
seems..

That was my problem. What a stupid problem to waste so much time on. :)

Regards,

Martijn