[Zope] Updating problem

Ross Boylan RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org
Thu, 09 Dec 1999 23:55:30 -0800

I installed the latest and greatest products, updating some existing ones.
Some of the products have .zexp components.

For Zwiki I moved the file under imports, and then attempted to import it
I get the error shown below.  I can not find an object named zwiki (as
opposed to ZWiki) in my products folder, nor at the top level.  A lower
level folder has an item called zwiki; I do not believe it is eligible for
acquisition, because it's in a separate branch.

I ran into a similar problem with ZDiscussion, but in that case I was able
to delete the product and then do the import.

I'd appreciate any clues about this particular problem, or about the
general question of how to import safely when one already has objects using
earlier versions of the classes.

----------------------------- error and traceback below
here-------------------------------------------
The object zwiki does not support this operation

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /web/main/src/Zope/2.1.0b2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
214, in publish_module
  File /web/main/src/Zope/2.1.0b2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
179, in publish
  File /web/main/src/Zope/2.1.0b2/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /web/main/src/Zope/2.1.0b2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
165, in publish
  File /web/main/src/Zope/2.1.0b2/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line
160, in mapply
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File /web/main/src/Zope/2.1.0b2/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
102, in call_object
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File /web/main/src/Zope/2.1.0b2/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line
479, in manage_importObject
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /web/main/src/Zope/2.1.0b2/lib/python/OFS/CopySupport.py, line 374,
in _verifyObjectPaste
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
Copy Error: (see above)