[Zope] Philosophical question - Zope Objects vs Entities in a RDBMS

Thilo Mezger Thilo Mezger <mezger@innominate.de>
10 Dec 1999 07:53:40 GMT

"Andrew M. Kuchling" <akuchlin@mems-exchange.org> wrote:
> Thilo Mezger writes:
>>AFAIK, linux on 64bit systems are also limited to 2GB.

> No, this is incorrect.  It's often been said that if you want files
> greater than 2Gb, use Linux on an Alpha.

ok, everybody now told me i was wrong with the 2gig limit on linux.
one of my collegues told me to go for freebsd if i needed a > 2gig
Data.fs.

has anybody tested zope on linux/alpha already?  is zope 64bit safe?

i was thinking of storing our complete company nntp-server in zodb
and use zcatalog for indexing.  i should get to the 2gig limit quite
soon i guess...

cheers
thilo

--