[Zope] reality check

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.demon.co.uk
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 09:32:52 +0000

In article <0ad401bf42c0$43bcbd60$eb0217ac@dev.prognet.com>, Jonothan
Farr <jfarr@speakeasy.org> writes
>I thought this forward would be of interest to the DC folks and the community
>at large.
>
>-jfarr
>

>> Zope has some of the worst documentation I have ever encountered.  I

>> It's a good idea, and I hear only good things about Python, but Zope
>> is Just Not There Yet.
>>
>> YMMV,
>> Brenda

I'm a real enthusiast of Zope and have a live site waiting to be
validated by the funding body that uses python via external methods etc.

I too find the Zope documentation absolutely opaque. Why can't we have
all the little _p _v _aq tricks documented? I know there are
documentation lumps in the sources, but it's a bad idea to dish up stuff
which modifies the relatively clean python semantics without explicit
documentation.

How does one display structured text?
--
Robin Becker