[Zope] Re: reality check - The REAL issue

Craig P Avnit craig@londonplaza.co.uk
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:44:10 +0000

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, you wrote:
> Everyone is talking about the difficulty in using Zope and how good Docs
> would help.  I believe, in part, documentation is just masking part of
> the problem.  Zope is way-to-difficult to use.  If you're a programmer,
> you can trudge through and figure out how Zope works.  But I'm not a
> programmer.
I have yet to see any non programmer deploy a cold fusion, vignette, or any
other application server solution.  Zope is not nearly as difficult to
implement as a java servlet based solution.

You will always lose functionality when implementing ease of use in a
development environment.

>  I don't know what's going on at the code-level, and
> frankly, I don't want to have to know.  If Zope is to truly adopt a wide
> user base, it's got to be easy enough that the average user and install
> and deploy Zope.  Right now, it's just to complicated for me use.  I've
> got a business to run, I don't have time to mess around with the
> particulars.

That is why there are people out there like the fine folks at DC, who can
concentrate on supplying you with the functionality you need to allow you to
concentrate on your business.