[Zope] knowledgekit inst. fails

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 04:13:37 -0700

Peter Sabaini wrote:

> hi,
>
> sadly, import of "The KnowledgeKit" fails on me...
>
> error msg: "The object KnowledgeKit does not support this operation"
> system: zope 2.0.0b4
> traceback:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 209, in
> publish_module
>   File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in
> publish
>   File /home/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 199, in
> zpublisher_exception_hook
>     (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
>   File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 165, in
> publish
>   File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 154, in mapply
>     (Object: manage_importObject)
>   File /home/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 102, in
> call_object
>     (Object: manage_importObject)
>   File /home/zope/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 476, in
> manage_importObject
>     (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
>   File /home/zope/lib/python/OFS/CopySupport.py, line 381, in
> _verifyObjectPaste
>     (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
> Copy Error: (see above)
>
> what am i doing wrong?

Sounds like not importing it into the proper place.
You _must_ be in the Control+Panel/Products management screen, and you
_must_ click on the 'export' button, as detailed in the online docs.

(personally, I'd upgrade that Zope as well ;-)

Bill
--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.