[Zope] Problems with ZCatalog searching - wrong results

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamars@ibm.net
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 10:55:20 +0200

My ZCatalog is not searching correctly - it returns completely wrong output.

I have a foods ZCatalog (created in Zope 2.0, I'm running 2.1.0 now, but
have the same problem in 2.1b2).

I add an object with name_singular property of spaghetti, name_plural
property of spaghettis.
I add an object with name_singular property of noodle, name_plural property
of noodles.

If I search the catalog for name_singular=noodle I get no results - I should
be getting the noodle object.  If I search by name_plural=noodles I get the
spaghetti object, i.e. the object I added reight before this.  Updating the
catalog fixes these problems.

The code I'm using in Food_add is:

<dtml-wth "Food.createInObjectManager(REQUEST['id'], REQUEST)">
<dtml-call "propertysheets.properties.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)">
<dtml-call "unindex_object()">
<dtml-call "manage_editCataloger('foods', REQUEST)">
<dtml-call "index_object()">
</dtml-with>

Any ideas what is going on here?

--