[Zope] [Newbie] Making a python web application with Zope

Stephen Pitts smpitts@midsouth.rr.com
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:48:00 -0600

> Given this, I don't know what Zope mechanism is best for me : ZClasses ?,
> ZCatalog ? External method ? Other ? Should I make a product ?
Yep, I'd make a Python product containing classes for each object type
you want to store in your database.

> Where
> can I put my existing python code ?
in the Python product

> How will I deploy it to several sites ?
Ewww...you could store your site in an SQL database system (like MySQL)
and then use one of the Database Adapters to wrap a class around the
results of queries so it looks like the objects are stored locally.

Or...you could use rsync to update the var.fs file on the mirrors..some
type of script that:
1. made a copy of the var.fs file
2. rsynced against that copy
3. stopped your mirror server..copied the new var.fs over..and started
  your mirror

> How do I store my business objects into ZODB ?
can't answer that one...I'm looking into doing that myself

--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com