[Zope] Install questions

Barbara Pfieffer bjp@bejay.com
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 23:29:43 -0600

Okay, I've got a few questions.

Install.txt says to unzip Zope "Find a software installation directory that
is *not* accessible to your web server, such as '/usr/local/dc'."

On my server, public files are in public_html.  Is it suggested that I
unzip Zope in the directory above public_html?

Next, the install.txt says to run install.  None of the switches seem to
work. When you run 'start --help' you get completely different switches
than what is stated in install.txt. I've read the file twice and tried
different switches, but I can't get it to work.

Lastly, my next task is to get Apache and FastCGI working. Yuck! Anyway,
the webserver.txt says "A version more recent than 2.2.2 is needed."  The
FastCgi site says the most current version is 2.2.2.  Where can I get a
higher version?

Thanks!

Barbara

http://www.lifetimelearningbooks.com
Increase your Knowledge, Enrich your life
All the Great Books, All the Time
This week's special "The Prince"