[Zope] ZCatalog and permissions

Martijn Faassen m.faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:27:45 +0100

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm using a ZCatalog in Zope 2.1 to catalog a site. I set it so that it
> would only catalog objects where Anonymous has permission 'access
> contents information'. If I do that, however, it doesn't seem to work
> right. Only a few objects (if any) get catalogued, instead of all of
> them. Can anyone explain? Or is this a bug?

Replying to myself:

I've been testing (advanced) 'find' in a simple setup and I can't figure
out the behavior regarding security at all:

Root folder, and inside that we have folders a and b.
Folder a has a subfolder c, folder b has a subfolder d

The search is each time for 'folder' with Anonymous 'access contents
information':

* 'access contents information' in root has acquisition checked, but
Anonymous unchecked (but it should be acquiring that access contents
information is allowed for anonymous)

Finds nothing

* 'access contents information' in root has acquisition checked, and
Anonymous is checked as well.

Folders 'a' and 'b' are now found, but 'c' and 'd' aren't.

Why?

Regards,

Martijn